Monday, June 5, 2017

Heritage Park Quilt Festival 2017 - part 2

HERITAGE PARK QUILT FESTIVAL - 2017
PART 2


This quilt is based off of the 4 elements (Fire, Water, Earth & Air) and each corner of the quilt
was dedicated to one of the elements.   


I am a sucker for any quilts that resemble forests. I really like how this quilt transitions.  


Of course Blacks, Greys & Blue - One of my ultimate favorite colour combinations.





Stand back and watch this design pop. This pixelated puppy quilt was very creative.










"The Old King Eddie" This picture was taken just for my husband.




It was nice to see this gentleman admiring all the quilts. 


We had to take a picture of this one. It was made in honour of Canada's 150th birthday. 
My Mom later surprised me with the panel that the "Fredericton & Charlottetown" came from.

I am very excited to make my very own "Canadian" quilt.


This is the quilt I made for my Mom and my 2nd quilt entry. This quilt is usually hung in my Moms living room. It was from a quilt kit that my she got for me many moons ago and it was my first and so far only attempt at Y-Seams. 


These two really nice ladies were deep in discussion looking at my 2nd quilt entry. We wandered over and found out they were trying to figure out a way how NOT to do the Y-seams ha-ha.


My Mom spilled the beans and told them that this was my quilt entry.
Both of them entered quilts as well, they each made a "One Block Wonder" quilt.

This was the first time I had heard about this quilt pattern and it couldn't be any more fantastic.
I love how these quilts look as if you were staring into a kaleidoscope.

They also shared a great website with us where you can enter in an image of your fabric and it will show you what that fabric may look like as a "One Block Wonder"
*Warning* This Design helper is addicting.



One Block Wonder Quilt - This is now on my "to do " list








Alright so the below picture is of B and I at our grade 9 Grad which so happened to be at Heritage Park. This is one of those classic pictures that seems to pop up every now and then. We thought heck why not try to re-create this picture.

THEN  ~ 2002ish



NOW - 2017



Until Next Time
-The Youngest-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, such beautiful quilts. I'm so sorry I had to miss the event. Next year for sure! And I hope to have a completed quilt to enter!
PS beautiful grads then and now.

Quilting Tangent said...

Looks like a wonderful quilt show, thank you for sharing.

MB said...

Thanks for your kind comments - I always look forward to the quilt show.
We have lucked out and had beautiful days the last 3 years =)