Friday, May 30, 2014

Puddle Jumping by Camille Roskelly


This is the quilt that I made for Motorcycle Man's girlfriend. Kristi is a National Motorcross racer here in Canada. She races like the wind and scares the beejesus out of me (as does Motorcycle Man for his cross country racing... check out secondgearclub.com for a taste of what these folks do!) 

The quilt was an easy one. The pattern was easy to follow, but for older folks like me, the PDF format was great, but the colors on how to cut your fabric was hard to follow (blue background with silver printing...I had to turn it every which way to see the dimensions). Perhaps the newer patterns are easier to see. I did send an email to them to let them know (and no it wasn't my printer...brand new printer with new ink).

So....if you are looking for a great impressive pattern, check it out. When this was hanging at Heritage Park Festival of Quilts you could see it from a long ways! (200 meters or 656 feet ..thereabouts!) I have "Swoon" on my list, but the next quilt is a long overdue baby quilt for a co-worker! There are babies popping up everywhere, so I have quite a list of baby quilts to make...... but for today... we are going fishing!

Have a wonderful day all! Happy quilting!

No comments: